Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Tenth Anniversary

I was watching the early NFL games today and partook in the moment of silence that took place prior to the start of the games, in honor of those who lost their lives ten years ago on September 11, 2001. Then I did it again during the afternoon games. In between those moments of silence there were more moments of silence. It got to the point where the moments of silence were no longer memorial, they were just annoying.

And it makes me wonder, will we as a nation EVER be over 9/11?

Now I'm not trying to sound unpatriotic, because I'm not trying to be. But I think it's ridiculous that every year we're supposed to stop everything we're doing and remember that horrible day. YES, I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing. I was in 7th grade, eating breakfast and about to go to school when my dad yelled at me from his room to turn on CNN. The rest of the day consisted of me trying to get information, which was nearly impossible due to my retarded school district banning teachers/schools from talking about it or showing anything on TV. The reason for this is because some retarded bitch mother called the superintendent and demanded they not show anything about the attacks in schools because she didn't want her kids exposed to it. Now this is stupid for so many reasons but that's a rant for another day about the pussification of America.

Anyway, the point is that I DON'T want to remember that day. And I wish the media would realize that. Yes, it was exactly ten years ago. You know what else had a tenth anniversary? Pearl Harbor. I found this article which talks about what happened during the tenth anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The answer: nothing, because people were over the attacks. It DOES point out that we're probably still making a big deal of the anniversaries because the war on terror is not over yet. Makes sense, but still.

I can't be the only one who doesn't want to relive that day every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment