Friday, March 29, 2013

Fiesta Farewell Friday (April Fools 2013)

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And yes, I've been fooled twice by the Blog. Some of you might seem to remember a little thing called the Welpies that I busted my ass to write last year. I decided to be kind and do it again this year, because dammit, despite draining me mentally, it was a lot of fun to write, as I'm sure it was a lot of fun to read. I should have known things were going to go bad this year when I had to delay the deadline for voting because only SIX PEOPLE sent in votes. But naive little Jeditab figured that was just a fluke and that it wouldn't happen again.

It did.

Remember how last Friday I asked you to send in your shit that you guys had a week to write? Imagine my face when I woke up Saturday and had NOTHING in my inbox. NOTHING. You people had ONE JOB TO DO and you couldn't even do that. Pooooooor me, I need more time to watch some Internet TV show while going to my Internet job! Heaven forbid I use the Internet to take 5 seconds to write two or three sentences! Well guess what, thanks to y'all's laziness, we didn't have a Welpie awards. Pat yourselves on the back, everyone!

Of course once I set up a bitching post, I got wave after wave of crap, but alas, it was too late. In fact, I'm STILL waiting on shit from BBH, so if he ever decides to send his stuff in, then I'll post the show. It's REALLY FUCKING GOOD, but you'll never see it as of right now! And for those who keep bothering me, if you sent me something, I've gotten it. I won't name names since I DO believe in kayfabe and don't want to spoil the show, but I will call out the lone person responsible for the show still being delayed.

So here's the deal - if you guys are going to make up lame excuses and send in half-assed crap (the only person who is forgiven is Glenn), then I too am going to be "too busy" to participate in the Blog despite being around the Internet for most of my day. Consider this my resignation from the Blog. If somebody wants to take over the Fiesta, be my guest. Send in WOTW votes and claim to be me? Knock yourself out. I'm gone, I don't care.

I'm not a total asshole, however. If BBH sends me the stuff I need for the Welpies, I'll post the show. I will also be making an appearance at the end of the Final Four/NCAA Tournament to get the address of the person who wins our Blog of Doom bracket tournament on Yahoo so I can send them their prize. But other than that, so long.

If you want to contact me, I'm on Facebook, or you can get my phone number from Andy. But don't expect me to bust my ass for you guys ever again.

And just to end on a positive note, here's some link Glenn sent me for the column this week. Speaking of Glenn, good luck carrying the Blog single handed, Mr. Bun. You're going to need it.


And with that, the Jeditab Era comes to an end. Jope wins, I guess.

So long from the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Post a Comment