Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Get Comical RETURNS

Well, kinda. I still have A LOT of catching up to do, so I decided I'll be slowly posting review columns as I read stuff. I have caught up on most Batman and Spider-Man related stuff, but I haven't written anything about them yet.

So let's kick things off with a single review of a series I'm just now starting: The Walking Dead!


The Walking Dead #97

Bear with me as I'm just starting off, and my only exposure to the comic series has been the TV show, so really none at all. Though I DO want to pick up the graphic novel collections at some point. This is the beginning of a new story arch. A church of survivors prays for the safe return of Rick, Carl, Andrea and Michonne, who are getting supplies from somewhere up the road. They are coming back when they are confronted by a biker gang that refers to themselves as "Negan." They speak for him, you see, and demand all of the weapons from Rick's crew. However, Rick and company easily dispatch of some random bikers and tells Negan to tell Leader Negan that Rick is protecting them from zombies in exchange for half of their supplies. Zombies show up to devour the dead, and someone points out how decayed they are. These zombies have been around for a while. Everyone comes home and Maggie tells Glenn that she's pregnant. Meanwhile, Andrea and Rick talk about a kiss they had. Two guys are then searching around for something talking about how safe they feel, but there are men with weapons hiding in alleys as they walk down the street. Not a good way for me to get into the series, as I have no clue who a lot of these people are, but I'm obviously not about to give up, so we'll see what happens.

So yeah, one review. Big deal. But more are coming! I promise!

Unless I decide I want to get with a chick again.

No comments:

Post a Comment